VENUES

Garage Museum of Contemporary Art


Krymsky Val 9/32
Garage Museum of Contemporary Art is a place for people, art, and ideas to create history. Founded in 2008 by Dasha Zhukova and Roman Abramovich, Garage is the first philanthropic institution in Russia to create a comprehensive public mandate for contemporary art. Providing opportunities for dialogue, as well as the production of new work and ideas, the Museum's extensive program of exhibitions, events, education, research, and publishing reflects current developments in Russian and international culture. Central to these activities is the Museum's collection, which is the only public archive in the country related to the development of Russian contemporary art from the 1950s through to the present. On May 1, 2014, Garage Center for Contemporary Culture changed its name to Garage Museum of Contemporary Art, reflecting the co-founders' commitment to providing long-term public access to living artists and art histories. On June 12, 2015, the museum moved to its first permanent home in Gorky Park, in the heart of Moscow.

Stanislavsky Electrotheatre


Tverskaya st. 23
The building of the Stanislavsky Electric Theater at 23, Tverskaya Street, consists of two interconnected profitable houses of 1874 and 1888 united by internal passages. The mansion of 1874 was rebuilt in 1915 under a neoclassical cinema at the request of film-maker Abram Gehtman. During it's not too long existence, the electric theater "Ars", designed for 900 seats and having two foyers, was famous as one of the most fashionable establishments in the city. In 1950, the building was the Moscow drama theatre. Stanislavsky — the successor to the Opera and drama Studio of K. S. Stanislavsky, opened in 1935. The theatre opened after global refurbishment and rebranding under the direction of B. Y. Yukhananov in 2015.The symbolic legacy of these three locations: a cinema, an opera studio and a dramatic theatre, has been fully endorsed by the Stanislavsky Electrotheatre as it launches a new era.

DOCUMENTARY FILM CENTER


Zubovskiy Bul'var 2/7
Documentary Film Center is a non-commercial cultural and educational venue, located in the center of Moscow. First Russian cinema hall for documentary films as well as a distribution company, releasing Russian and foreign documentaries annually. The DFC was founded in 2012 by Russian producer Sofia Kapkova. On June 6, 2013 DFC was placed in one of the buildings of the Museum of Moscow and opened the first movie theatre for documentary films in Russia. In 2017 DFC celebrated its 5-year anniversary. Over the course of five years, the Documentary Film Center has had around 200,000 visitors, has shown over 5000 films, organized premieres, workshops, and lectures. DFC hosts dozen of international film festivals and held their own one - Center Festival about urban cultural and contemporary society together with Museum of Moscow. Since 2014 the Documentary Film Center has served as a distribution company, releasing documentaries annually. In 2018 the DFC launched an online platform for Russian and international documentary films as well as the Russian independent and feature films - Nonfiction.film.

DOM KINO


Vasil'yevskaya Ulitsa, 13/1
Dom Kino (Cinema House) is a creative club of Moscow film artists. The idea of creating a club that would become a center for development of cinematography came from Soviet filmmaker and scriptwriter Sergey Eisenstein. In 1934 his plan was fulfilled and the Central Cinema House (Dom Kino) was opened in an old mansion at Vasilievskaya Street. In the following years Dom Kino repeatedly changed its location. First, it was moved to the building of the Hotel "Sovetskaya" then to National Film Actor's Theatre at Povarskaya street and only in the late 60s the decision was made to provide a separate building for it. The building of Central Cinema House at Vasilievskaya street was constructed in 1968 according to the project of architect Evgeniy Stamo. In the new building a large hall for those times with a capacity of 1100 spectators was built. It hosted film premieres, stage performances, photo exhibitions. The club was accessible for holders of membership cards of the Union of Cinematographers or by special invitations. In 2016 the Cinema House announced changes in the format of the work and the club became open for public.

NEW SPACE. THEATRE OF NATIONS


Strastnoy Boulevard 12/2
The New Space is an interdisciplinary project of the Theater of Nations, opened in 2016 on Strastnoy Boulevard, holder of the Innovation Award in the nomination «Project of the Year». Foundation of a center of contemporary art with theater laboratories and an educational program is an important step the Theater of Nations' development, it was conceived as part of the future theater district. «In the very center of Moscow, near the many theaters and museums, a real power place for people who are keen on art in its various manifestations was bound to appear,» says Yevgeny Mironov, artistic director of the Theater of Nations. The New Space is a constant participant of the International Festival-School of Contemporary Art «Territory» and the Festival NET (New European Theatre). One of the main goals of the venue is education of the audience. Most of the iconic premieres on the stage of the Theater of Nations are preceded by a series of master classes, meetings and public lectures dedicated to the work of a particular director. In the third season The New Space will also present a family program - a cycle of chamber events aiming towards a serious and modern conversation with children and their parents.
STRATEGIC PARTNER
TECHNICAL PARTNERS